Friday, June 17, 2011

the story of THAT kiss at those ridiculous riots in vancouver...


thanks (again)to Broadsheet.ie: Getty Images photographer Rich Lam sez:

I was covering last night’s Stanley Cup Playoffs for Getty Images when Vancouver erupted in riots after the Canucks’ Game 7 loss to the Boston Bruins. It was complete chaos. Rioters set two cars on fire and then I saw looters break the window at a neighboring department store. At that point, the riot police charged right towards us. After I stopped running, I noticed in the space behind the line of police that two people were laying in the street with the riot police and a raging fire just beyond them. I knew I had captured a “moment” when I snapped the still forms against the backdrop of such chaos but it wasn’t until later when I returned to the rink to file my photos that my editor pointed out that the two people were not hurt, but kissing.
Either the best riot photo ever, or a cynical, staged troll. The jury is out.

No comments: