Thursday, March 13, 2008

Now That Takes The Feckin Biscuit That Does...


Andrew Forster's bizarre eating disorder means he cannot eat the meals he cooks up for customers at his restaurant. Instead, the 27-year-old tucks into Blue Ribands, Rich Teas, Clubs and his favourite biscuit, Tunnock's Caramel Wafers. He said: 'I used to get through two packets of biscuits a day. When I was 18 months old, I stopped eating. Experts advised my mum to starve me as I'd eventually eat, but the only thing I'd want was biscuits.' He added: 'Just the thought of eating different foods would make me anxious and I'd start to feel sick. I thought I was going to be like this for the rest of my life.' The phobia meant takeaways, romantic meals out and even weddings were off the menu – as were his own dishes at Sale Pepe restaurant in Durham 'I'd think, “That smells delicious”, but the thought of tasting it would make me feel sick,' said Mr Forster, of Consett, who has appeared on BBC3 show Freaky Eaters. Worried girlfriend Caroline Lister contacted food experts, and a psychologist and a nutritionist are now teaching Mr Forster distraction techniques so he can try new foods.

No comments: